When running the new installer for the TTP.ToolBarPro, your toolbar’s layout – stored in the ToolBarCore.xml file in your Documents\NinjaTrader 8\TTP folder – and your toolbar’s button templates – stored in the ToolBarButtonTemplates.xml file in the same folder – will be overwritten. If you want to keep your personalized Toolbar layout, you must create a ToolBarPro backup file that can be restored later.
Creating a backup of your Toolbar Layout
Open the ToolBarPro Settings UI.
- Right-click on the header of the ToolBarPro’s main panel – the black bar above the buttons, to open the ‘Settings’ UI.
- You will then see the ToolBarPro Settings window popup.
- Navigate to the ‘Utilities’ menu and select ‘Backup.’ This will create a .tb8 backup file within the directory \Documents\NinjaTrader 8\TTP\Backups containing your toolbar’s layout with all your drawn objects on the charts.
Restoring a backup of your Toolbar Layout
- Open the Toolbar Settings UI.
- Right-click on the header of the ToolBarPro’s main panel – the black bar above the buttons
- Navigate to -> Utilities -> Restore
- Your toolbar backup files are located in your Documents\NinjaTrader 8\TTP\Backups directory (pictured below).
- Select the .tb8 backup file you wish to restore, then click the “Open” button to load.
- You will see a pop-up message as shown below:
- Click “Yes” to include all the Toolbar Drawing objects previously saved in the Backup file, or “No” if you would like to load the Toolbar layout without any drawing objects.